Eating Out Locally
Drymen has a good choice of restaurants from fine dining through to traditional pub grub and all within a very short walking distance from Strathendrick House
For a more formal dining experience there’s the Merlin Restaurant in “The Winnock Hotel” or for something less formal you could try their cozy Ptarmigan Bar. Across the road in the square is The Pottery, light lunches downstairs with delicious home baked cakes, upstairs is traditional “pub grub”
A little further away…
A couple of miles down the east side of the loch there’s “The Oak Tree Inn” at Balmaha (Our favorite) with their roaring log fire, a bar constructed from a 300 year old Elm and a sumptuous menu to choose from, it’s definitely one to check out.
A little further afield is “The Beech Tree” Inn next to the Glengoyne Distillery in Dumgoyne, a family restaurant with a wide ranging menu and very popular at the weekends.
In the next village of Croftamie on the road back to Glasgow is “The Wayfarers”, serving some great value traditional food. Run by Murdo McLeod who played for Scotland but probably better suited to defending his reputation as a restauranteur than defending the goals!
The village Gartocharn, which is the first right turn after the bridge over the Endrick River offers “The Hungry Monk”. Again very popular with weekend trippers looking for more of a steak house menu. Food is good and the restaurant extremely comfortable with a central fire to add to the atmosphere.
Please check availability before going out for lunch or dinner to avoid disappointment.
· The Clachan (Drymen Square) 01360 660824
· Winnock Hotel (Drymen Square) 01360 660245
· The Pottery (Drymen Square) 01360 660458
· Buchanan Arms Hotel (Drymen High Street) 01360 660588
· The Wayfarers (Croftamie) 01360 660358
· The Old Oak Tree (Balmaha) 01360 870357
· Rowardennan Hotel (Rowardennan) 01360 870273
· Cameron House (Near Balloch) 0845 080 5104
· Black Bull (Killearn) 01877 382225
· The Beech Tree (Glengoyne) 01360 550297
Enjoy a wee dram as the locals have been known to say for centuries!